SEGA has announced that they will be bringing Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder to the Nintendo Switch on May 14. The game is developed by ACE Team and is a hybrid tower-defense and racing game. The franchise has been popular on Steam in the past, receiving critical acclaim across the board. An overview and trailer is available below. The game will launch at $/€14.99.
In Bigger & Boulder, Atlas, the Greek Titan that’s tasked with the eternally dreary job of holding up the sky, has literally dropped the ball and must run through different periods of Art History to escape the consequences.
Part tower-defense, part racing game, Rock of Ages 2 has way too much rock for one Switch. Team up with up to three friends online, either in co-operative play to smash down the enemy gates, or carve a path of destruction against one another to prove who is the real Rock God.
Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder Features:
– Up to 4-Person Multiplayer – A little friendly competition never hurt anyone. Play with up to four players online in a match to the crushing death, with the ability to customize the banners and colors for your boulder.
– Utter Chaos – Expanding on the first game with a more diverse selection of units and a larger focus on rock-smashing strategy in Bigger & Boulder, chaos reigns supreme!
– Improved Physics and Destructible Environments – Developed in Unreal Engine 4, Rock of Ages 2 has upgraded physics, allowing you to crack, crush, slam, and flatten your adversary!
– ACE Team’s Trademark Quirkiness – With humor turned up to 11, players will rock and roll through the ages. Famous historical and mythological figures beware.
– Historically Inaccurate Bosses – Take on works of art come to life in boss battles featuring the likes of The Thinker and the Great Sphinx, leading up to the all-powerful final boss in a showdown like you’d never imagine!